When adding users to a group in Blackboard Connect (the emergency notification system). We are asked to do this for Summer Housing students and Interterm housing students each semester.
- Start with a CSV file of user IDs you would like to add to a group
- Log in to https://connect.blackboardconnect.com/
- Go to "Recipients" > "Contacts"
- Click "Import Data" button
- Select your CSV file (see below for sample)
- "Select Contact Type" should be "all" (default) - NOTE: If the CSV contains only students you could select "Student" here and leave out the "ContactType" column in the CSV.
- "Data Provider" should be "CLIENT" (default)
- Click on "Advanced options"
- Check the "Preserve Data" checkbox
- Click the "Import" button
Do not use "Refresh Groups"
These have a very specific use case that is not what you want in most cases.
Sample CSV file
[Staff or Student],[Biola ID number],[Group name]