While off-campus, staff and faculty should follow these software installation best practices when using self-service tools like KBOX (Windows) and JSS (Mac Self Service).
- (Mac and Windows) Always connect to VPN before attempting to install software from KBOX and Mac Self Service.
- (Windows) After connecting to VPN, wait 20 minutes before accessing kbox.biola.edu to install software. It can take a few minutes for your computer to make contact with the KBOX server.
- (Mac and Windows) Don’t allow your computer to go to sleep while attempting to download and install software using KBOX and Mac Self Service
- (Mac and Windows) If you run into errors, restart your computer, reconnect to VPN, and try again. A restart will often resolve problems you are experiencing.
- (Mac and Windows) If you need software not available to you in KBOX and JSS, please contact the IT Helpdesk for assistance at 562-903-4740 or email@example.com.